I get asked a lot about what things I did and the products that I used to heal my anal fissure. I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of the products that helped me to heal my anal fissure. They are in no particular order, but all of them were beneficial in aiding with the healing process. I hope this list helps you to heal your anal fissure naturally without the need for surgery.
1. I have to say that the number one thing that I did to heal my anal fissure was to use the H-Fissures all natural oil. It works and it will heal your anal fissure.
2. Drink as much water as you possibly can each and every day. You MUST keep your body hydrated if you want your body to heal your anal fissure. One of the best investments I ever made in a water bottle was my Bubba 16oz. Hero Bottle. This water bottle is absolutely amazing. Fill it up with ice and top it off with water. Your water will stay ice cold for almost an entire day. I love ice cold water, so this water bottle works out great for me. Since this bottle keeps water cold for so long, I find myself refilling it several times a day. Trust me, this water bottle is worth it’s weight in gold!
3. You MUST keep the area around your anus clean so your body can heal the anal fissure. Just wiping with toilet paper is not going to do a very job of keeping that area clean. Regular toilet paper can also be a bit abrasive on the area as well. I found that using premoistened wipes really helped to minimize any chance of aggravating the anal fissure. The wipes are also very effective at keeping the are clean. I preferred using the Wet Ones Flushables Personal Cleansing Wipes with Aloe, Vitamin E & Witch Hazel. I have to say that I agree with the positive reviews given by others that bought these wipes on Amazon.com.
4. Start a walking program. I know what you’re thinking, “I am in so much pain right now. How can this guy possibly expect me to take a walk!” Trust me, one of the best things you can do for your body right now is to get some light exercise.
Exercise gets the blood flowing in your body and this exactly what you need to help your body heal. The more blood that circulates to and from your anus the quicker it will be able to heal. Doctors like to prescribe Nitroglycerin as a topical ointment to apply to your anal fissure. Do you want to know why? It is not because it will actually heal your anal fissure. It is used to help draw blood to the anus which is needed to help the body heal itself. My doctor prescribed this nasty stuff to me and I used it. You know what it did to heal my anal fissure? Nothing! It actually gave me severe headaches every time I used it. Needless to say I stopped using it. Anyhow, get yourself a pair of comfortable walking shoes and reserve 15-30 minutes every day or every other day and start walking your way to better health and healing. Even you if did not have an anal fissure, walking is one of the best forms of exercise you can do for your body.
5. Start Juicing. My family started to juice a while back and it is one of the best decisions we ever made for our health. By juicing fruits and vegetables you are getting so many natural nutrients into your body. You will not believe all of the benefits there are to juicing.
By no means do I consider myself an expert when it comes to juicing. We started juicing after watching an incredible documentary by a gentleman named Joe Cross. His movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is what really sparked us to give this a try. I highly recommend watching this movie as it is a real eye opener and is also very inspirational.
Here are a few of the many benefits that juicing will do for your body:
- Added fiber into your diet (fiber is your friend)
- Weight loss (I lost 8 pounds in one week by just replacing one meal with fresh juice)
- Better skin complexion (I could not believe how smooth and acne free my skin was after just one week of juicing)
- Helps boost your immune system
- Increase to your overall energy level
- Aids in healing an preventing numerous diseases
- Believe it or not the juice actually does taste good 🙂
- Aids in better digestion for your body
Those are some great benefits! Now, with anything there are some things to be aware of before you jump head first into juicing so you don’t make matters worse for yourself. Juicing is going to make you have to go to the bathroom more frequently when you start. I recommend that you only replace one meal with juice in the beginning so that your body is not shocked too much. I chose to replace my daily breakfast with juice and that seemed to work pretty well for me. You still want to eat other whole foods as part of your diet. It is still a good idea to eat other fruits and vegetables as they are high in fiber. Again, take this slow and gradually build up to drinking more fresh juice every day. In the beginning, try drinking 8-10 ounces of juice per day and then after a week or two increase this to 12-20 ounces per day. Another thing to make you aware of is that during the first few days of juicing you will probably experience headaches and a lack of energy. Believe it or not, this is what happens when your body starts to detox. This will go away after a few days so don’t be alarmed, this is very common and I went through it myself. If you do decide to give juicing a try you are going to need to purchase a Juicing machine to prepare your juice every day. Depending on your budget there are juicers ranging anywhere from $50-$500. When it comes to juicing, a Breville is one of the best juicers money can buy. These are very well made and are mostly metal. They are a little pricey, but will last for a long time.
6. If you decide not to start juicing you will still need to keep your stools soft. In order to keep my stools soft every day, I was drinking a home made mix of Miralax and Metamucil. The Miralax helps to keep your stools soft and the Metamucil is a fiber that comes in the form of a powder. I found that the combination of these two powders kept my stools just the right consistency when going to the bathroom. Now, first my disclaimer. I am not a doctor so this is just my personal opinion and what worked for me. You should always consult with your doctor before modifying your daily diet with these types of products. The mixture that I ended up using every day was a half cap full of Miralax and 2 Tablespoons of Metamucil. I would mix them into a 2o ounce water bottle and drink this during the day. You may have to experiment a bit to find out what combination works best for your body to keep your stools soft. Looking back, it is kind of crazy the things I was doing to try and get relief from the pain I was dealing with from my anal fissure. I have to say that this is one thing that really did help. Once my body had healed from using the H-Fissures all natural oil I started to lessen the amount of this mix each day until I totally eliminated it from my diet.
7. Exercise is really going to help your body heal much faster than if you just sat around all day. I am going to be honest with you. I have never really enjoyed exercise as I have been overweight most of my adult life. So, when it comes to exercise I have to find ways to make it fun so I will do it. My son already had the Nintendo Wii and I kept seeing commercials for the Wii Fit Plus game that you could use to get exercise while playing games. This sounded like something I could do and have fun doing it, so I went ahead and bought the Wii Fit Plus Balance Board and Game. I have to tell you that not only do you have fun playing the game, but your really do get a good low-impact workout as well. Light exercise is the key here. You do not want to do anything like lift weights or play contact sports while trying to heal your anal fissure. I found the Wi Fit game has a great combination of games to get your heart rate up while keeping it very low impact. Some of my favorite games to play on the Wi Fit are the boxing, the juggling, the skateboarding, the Yoga, and my favorite, the obstacle course.
8. Ok, I am going to be completely honest with you. As much as I have enjoyed the increased energy and weight loss that I have experienced since I started Juicing, there are two things that can make it hard to stay with Juicing each and every day. One, it does take about 10-20 minutes to clean your fruit and vegetables, juice them, and then clean the juicer. Second, it does get costly having to buy so much fruit and vegetables to make the juice everyday. Unfortunately, eating healthy is not cheap. With that being said, I wanted to find a way to keep getting the health benefits of Juicing but at a lower cost and less time. Well, along comes the Nutri Bullet High Speed Blender and this great product has now solved both of my problems. The Nutri Bullet is very similar to the original Magic Bullet, but this blender is designed to liquify the fruits and vegetables you blend in it. I was kind of skeptical the first time I watched the infomercial on late night TV, but I have to say I have been very impressed with the blender and just how well it works. The big difference between Juicing and using the Nutri Bullet is that when you Juice all of the leftover pulp is discarded and you are only left with liquid juice. With the Nutri Bullet you put the fruits and vegetables in the blender and add water to it. Everything is blended so finely that it ends up with the consistency of a smoothie. It is also much more filling when you drink it because all of the pulp is retained. It really is satisfying and tastes great. I now do a combination of Juicing and using the Nutri Bullet. For those days when I am in a hurry I will use the Nutri Bullet and on weekend days I like to Juice. Either way, I am getting the health and nutritional benefits of the fruits and vegetables I am putting into my body 🙂